Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Easy Bakeware is a SCAM

I have seen Easy Bakeware listed on so many freebie/frugal sites lately. In May, I purchased a cheese grater through them for $1 (including shipping). I still keep seeing the ads, and I keep wondering "how do they do this consistently?" Well, here's how:


They sign you up for a club called HomeSavings, and then CHARGE your card $14.95 per month. I have read horror stories of people needing to cancel the credit cards because they wouldn't stop charging!  I have been charged twice and couldn't figure out what the heck this fee was!  

Karry and I both just talked to them on the phone, and supposedly, that membership is being cancelled and I'm getting a refund....I hope.

If you ever see this on your statement: HOMESVINGSMLL 888-743-4421 CT, you know it's a scam!!!  

Ok, I ask, and so does Karry, who would work for a company like this??  Really?!  Unbelievable!