Friday, June 5, 2009

It pays to be thankful!

Just 4 days ago I did some searching online for companies we purchase products from regularly. I was hoping to find coupons on sites, or a mailing list with promos, or something like that! We buy only gluten free foods, which limits us in the snack arena. When y’all are stocking up on Pringles, we’re avoiding them because of the wheat. :)  I only looked up a couple of companies online. The first one that came to mind was Lundberg. We buy their rice cakes often and use them with Babybel cheese wedges and lunch meat as a “sandwich,” and we use their basmati rice a couple of times a week. I decided to write a letter to the company. This is what I wrote:


~~~~~~~~

Hello,


I just wanted to thank your company for making some gluten free foods that my family can eat!  We purchase your rice and rice cakes at our local Fred Meyer store and they are a staple in our diet!  Picnics are hard for gluten-free folks, but I just bring your rice cakes and spreadable cheese, and some gf lunch meat.  Thanks for making great products!


If you have a mailing list, I would love to be on it. I am interested in any recipes or meal suggestions, new product announcements, and coupons.


You can send me e-mails at:


My address is:


Thank you!

Brenda Scott


~~~~~~


Right away I got an e-mail from the company, thanking me for the compliments. And that might have been all I received--and that would be ok. Really, our society as a whole is so good at writing complaint letters (haven’t we all been guilty of that? :), but what about thank you letters to the companies who are doing great?  But, the e-mail wasn’t all I received--4 days later--today, I got a letter (hand signed) in the mail, with 2 recipe books, and NINE coupons for .75 off any Lundberg product, with NO EXPIRATION DATE!  Isn’t that awesome???  Wow! I am so impressed!!  Big thanks to the Lundberg company for the great products and the great coupons!! :) :)