Friday, June 5, 2009

More Deals!

I did some more shopping today. It took about an hour and a half to drive around town and go to 3 stores. It took maybe 20-30 minutes to plan out all of these deals. I forgot to mention that everyone should make use of CouponTom, it’s an awesome site and you can search for coupons (either online or in the paper) and it will tell you where coupons are. ALL of the coupons aren’t on there (e.g. a couple of weeks ago I did an internet search for “yoplait kids” and found $1 off coupons that Coupon Tom didn’t list).


The first store I went to today was Safeway. I used the coupons from the Tuesday Oregonian to get these deals.













  • Safeway Large AA Eggs, 1 dozen, .69
  • 6.5 lbs of Safeway Bacon, $9.99 ($1.53/lb) This is a HUGE pack of bacon!! (I came home and Noah said it was a whole pig :)
  • 48 oz of Fresh  Express Salad, $1.99 (they were out of the 48 oz bags, so they let me get 2 24 oz bags--this is a lot of salad for only $1.99!!)
  • 10 packs of Brown & Serve Sausage Links, .49 each!! (This was the Mix & Match deal, no coupon required--just get 10 at .99 each and $5 drops off the price of your total bill!!)


Totals

Before sales= $38.87

Before sales & Coupons combined= $40.66

My out of pocket = $17.57


Next I went to Fred Meyer:












  • I got 5 packs of Bar S Hot Dogs, marked at $1 each, but I had a coupon to make them .88 each. Then I had a $2 off any $5 meat purchase coupon (Fred Meyer Rewards), plus 2 $1 off 2 Bar S products coupons) Total, .40 for 5 packs!!!!
  • 1 container of blackberries, $2
  • 1 of blueberries, $2
  • 1 of raspberries, $2
  • 1 pk of a dozen eggs, $1 (coupon in ad--I would have bought more but they were out!)
  • 2 Snuggle Fabric Softeners at $3.99 each, -a $2 FM Catalina for $2/2, and -2 $1 off coupons, so I got them for $1.99 each


Before coupons, my total would have been= $17.98

My out of pocket = $11.38



Then I went to Thriftway. I couldn’t justify spending up to $50 to get that $10 off, I couldn’t find enough sales to make that kind of expense worthwhile. :) 













  • 2 Newman’s Lemonades, $1.88, -2 .50 coupons and 2 .50 doublers, they ended up being .88 each
  • 1 W/F Butter for .99
  • 1 W/F Bacon for .99
  • 10 W/F Yogurts @ .30 each
  • Corn on the Cob, 5, $2
  • 2.78 lbs of peaches at $1.99/lb, $5.53


Total before sales would have been $23.09

Total before sales & coupons would have been $27.61

Total out of pocket = $14.27


The peaches would have been cheaper per lb at Safeway, but I have had horrible luck with the produce at our Safeway. Lots of brown or bruised up items, especially after we cut into them at home (so we couldn't tell at the store). I'd rather pay a little more and know we're getting good fruit. :)


Note: I wouldn't ideally feed my kids these kinds of hot dogs or sausages (nitrates, corn syrup, etc.)--but they are SO cheap. My kids love these sausages, and at .49 per box, I can justify them. And at .40 for 5 packs of hot dogs, I can justify that, too. It's all about compromise! :)


Total I didn't spend today & would have if I wasn't watching the sales and clipping coupons =

$43.03